Friday, June 27, 2008

Two Little Shoes

They were all scuffed and worn from adventure
That only little Al understands
The laces, once broken are mended
Tied in knots by a boys little hands

When his two scrawny arms came around me
In a hug I could never refuse
My heart fills with love overflowing
When I think of those two little shoes
And each night I kneel, my heart sings a prayer
Thanks, Dear Lord, for one little boy
And two little shoes on the stair
On the Stair

I think of the harsh words I've spoken
When those shoes scattered mud on the floor
But O how my heart now is broken
For I cannot see it anymore

I see them at night where he'd leave them
On his way to a dream coming true
And each night I kneel, my heart pleads in prayer
Please Dear God bless one little boy
And those two little shoes on the stair
On the stair

No comments: