Saturday, April 26, 2008

Where to begin?

I am writing this blog for a place for the truth to be explained in plain view to all who want to know about the beliefs of the FLDS without the bitter prejudice from very bitter ex-members.

Although I am not currently a member of the FLDS, I was born and raised FLDS and I do believe the doctrine and have known, and respect greatly the leaders. I know Warren Jeffs and went to the school that he ran in Sandy, Utah from 6th to 12th grade, where I graduated.

I do have a different prospective from many of the FLDS because I grew up in Salt Lake City and went to a public school until sixth grade. I did not even know any other FLDS families in the Salt Lake area until I started going to Alta Academy, my friends (other than my brothers) were 'gentiles', many of them minorities.

I wrote a blog with the same name over a year ago, but took it down after only a month or so. The reason I did so was my brother convinced me that it was not a good idea. To learn and understand the religion, he said, requires that you must live it. If you don't there is a curse associated with not living up to what you are taught. In effect, it is for your own good that you don't know because "Where much is given, much is required".

I feel compelled to write it up again, in hope that there are fair minded people who will read it, and ask honest questions without prejudice, or to undo some of the prejudice you may have been willing to believe because that is the only information you have been given. I do not, however, want to get into an argument with anyone over whether our religion is true or false or better or worse than yours. I want to explain it, and hopefully help soothe the public mind about it.

Of course the massive raid of the Yearning For Zion ranch near El Dorado Texas where little children have been quite literally ripped from their mothers arms, has broadcast to the world a view of the people that has never been seen before. Having little children kidnapped from them has brought normally passive, and private mothers to invite the mass media in to hopefully stem the tide of a public opinion severely prejudiced by ex members who have become extremely bitter. The blatant lies that they have expressed as prevalent truth definitely warrants a reply. We have been taught, quite literally, to turn the other cheek. To follow the beatitudes of Christ: "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." (Mat 5:11-12)

This blog is for the sole purpose of speeding the return of innocent children to their loving mothers. The raid details are documented very well by the mothers on this website http://www.captivefldschildren.org/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have added your site to my site http://www.flds.ws. I thank you for adding Free the FLDS Children to yours. I'd be interested in collaborating if you would. Please drop me a note at contact@flds.ws.

Thank you,

Ann Marie Curling

Anonymous said...

The book of Revelation tells us that the U.S. (the lamblike beast that will speak like a dragon) will be foremost in religious persecution, worldwide. What we see concerning the FLDS is only the beginning. What a shame! These dear children and parents are in our prayers. Due Process and the Constitution are gone forever, trust me.

Pliggy said...

Well, I will have to tell the story of Fawn. She did not leave because she did not want to get married. She left because her mother wouldn't let her move out with her boyfriend and her "lost boy" brother.

Hugh McBryde said...

By the way, Texas is now pushing a bone breakage story. I've done the research at my blog, the rate of bone breakage among FLDS kids from Yearning for Zion is less than the national average yet they are pushing the story as evidence of physical abuse. I think this also means they are beginning to lose faith that they can make a sexual abuse case so they are "opening another front."

Yo said...

I am taking this internationally, I think This could make a black spot on USA for making religious persecution
anyone interested in helping please contact me!!!