Monday, July 27, 2009

Elissa Wall fan club.... Not

At least one can grasp the truth...

"Hi Al, It's R- from MA again. Remember me? First of all, I hope all is well with you and your loved ones. I felt much better after communicating with you the last time. It was like a cleansing of my soul to express my thoughts and concerns to someone who knows the truth. After that, I kind of went on my merry way of life and didn't get on the computer every day to learn more. For some reason on Monday night I decided to check things out in my own inept computer way (as i mentioned previously). I was so surprised to learn that Allen was going to court the next day (7/21). My heart, thoughts and prayers were with him all day. When I got home from work I was right back on the computer again trying to find out what happend. I'm not sure I fully understand the outcome except that it is not over for Allen and he'll have to go to court again. I went to a KSL news website to learn that. After the article there were some type of blog comments from people on the situation. I was horrifed at some of the comments and the stupid things people say. I then went back to your web/blog that i read before and got your e-mail address and contacted you. I was surprised to see more recent comments but again horrifed at some of the comments and ingnorance.

"Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

I don't understand why people can't just mind their own business and worry more about how they are living their own lives for when they meet their maker one day. Again I hope you don't mind that I contacted you directly instead of commenting on the blog. I'm a little embarrassed to speak in a public forum and I think a little afraid of how I would reply to some of those idiots. In my frustration I would not want my comments to make me seem as ignorant as they are. Some more of my thoughts, Al, I hope you don't mind. First, I hate the way the words "rape" and "rape of a child" are being used . They make it sound like Allen stalked her after school, dragged her in the woods and forced himself on her. Can't anyone understand that he was with his WIFE? I also hate the word "brainwashed". Realistically, aren't we all brainwashed (for lack of a better word) to some degree. I learned my religous beliefs from my parents. I didn't know any better. I believed what I was taught. Also, I know that Christmas and Santa Claus is not recognized by all nationalities or religions but it was in mine. Isn't that the biggest brainwashing of all? I really thought that a fat man in a red suit came in my house and left presents under the tree. Boy, was that a tearful day when i learned the truth about that one. But was either one done to hurt me? NO. One was to teach me and the other to bring pure joy to an innocent child as parents STILL do. Lastly, when i read Elissa's book, I was horrified to realize the time frame between meeting Lamont and finally leaving with him and everything in between. Your blog had a better time frame stated and I was suprised of the large age difference between her and Lamont and their actual ages at the time. As I mentioned before, she was vague in her book when it seemed she didn't want to give too many details. Where I come from, sex with a minor child (under 18) is considered rape whether it's consentual or not. Where I come from Lamont could be facing a prison cell as well. Now that would be justice. Once again, Al, Thanks for listening to me.

Take care,
R-

P.S. I think what breaks my heart the most is looking at Allen's wedding pictures. He looked so happy and handsome. I'm sure he never would have imagined that his life would be like this. At this age in his life he should be with somone (or more) that would love him and take care of him and give him little Steed's to be proud of. In case you havn't figured it out, Al, I'm a sap. I am a nurterer and caregiver by nature. I just want to mother the world. Thanks again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's irony:

Elissa just filed for a divorce from Lamont. Go figure.

She's probably wishing she was still with the one man who actually loved her - Allen. Lamont just wanted her money.

Carol said...

What a wonderful, touching letter. Thank you for sharing it with us.
R. voices what many of us are thinking,
I am so sick of the word rape being used in all the FLDS cases. It seems it is a favorite of the bigots, (you know who I mean) and all the anti Flds crowd.
Why is Lamont not being charged with rape? The Elissa and Lamont saga is made out to be a "love story."
Too bad there are not adultry laws, maybe then Allen and the court could charge Elissa.
I will continue to keep Allen in thoughts and the hope he will be completely exonerated.

Carol said...

If Elissa just filed for divorce, Lamont had better be prepared. He will be the next one accused and charged with rape!

cheese said...

"Lamont just wanted her money."

Lamont didn't want her money. We all know what Lamont wanted.